School Hours and Attendance
School hours are from 9:15 a.m. to 3:40p.m. Doors open for students at 8:55 a.m. If your child arrives late, please stop by the office for a tardy pass so he or she is not marked absent.
*** Please do not visit a classroom without stopping by the office.***
Breakfast (Full Price, All Schools) $1.50
Breakfast (Reduced Price, All Schools) $ .30
Lunch (Full Price, Elementary Schools) $2.75
Lunch (Reduced Price, All Schools) $ .40
Milk, ½ Pint (A La Carte, All Schools) $ .55
Check out the monthly lunch menus: http://www.aacps.org/nutrition/
Reminder: Per Anne Arundel School Policy - snacks and/or birthday treats must be store-bought. Home-made items are not permitted.
Don't forget that AACPS now offers MealpayPlus to manage your childs meal account online. Visit www.mypaymentsplus.com to register for free. This is a great way to monitor your child's lunch account. You will need your student's ID number to register. (this number is found on your student's report card, as well as used by your child to purchase lunch at school and sign in on the computers at school.) Even if you don't pay on the account through this website you can receive emails when your child's lunch account is running low to send in another payment.
Parents Visiting During Lunch---- please adhere to the designated seating areas.
Lunch Utensils: Please pack spoons or forks if your child brings lunch to school. Food and Nutrition Services only provides forks for students who purchase lunch. With the increase in cost, the cafeteria is no longer able to provide plastic "sporks" to students who pack their lunch. Thank you for your understanding.
Form to administer medicine are required in the health room. Students may not bring medicine to school: http://www.aahealth.org/pdf/med-form.pdf
Vision and Hearing Screening for the School Year will be administered on November 21, 2019 . All students in Kindergarten, First and Fourth Grade are screened. All new students to Anne Arundel County - no matter the elementary grade are screened.
Health Room tips:
The policy for all over the counter (OTC) and prescription medication is as follows:
- Physician and parent signed medication form
- Pharmacy labeled container
- OTC drugs in original sealed container
- Medication brought to school by an ADULT, as children are not allowed to carry any medication
- Physician will be called for any questions
- The first dose has been given without any problems
All treatments given for an ailment are considered medication and require a medication form to be completed by the parent and doctor. This includes ALL over the counter items such as cough drops and lozenges for sore throats and all creams.
Enhanced Security Measures
Central Elementary continues to practice our regularly scheduled emergency drills in a manner that is appropriate for elementary school children. Drills such as these allow us the opportunity to practice, reflect upon and improve existing security measures and emergency preparedness.
Additional security measures recently put into place include:
- The front doors of the school are locked at ALL times. Employees must use an electronic key to gain access before or after school.
- All visitors must gain access using the audio-visual intercom. Visitors are asked to state their name and purpose. Upon return from winter break, visitors who are not recognized will be required to show a photo ID. Please keep this ID ready to show the office staff once you have been granted access. As always, visitors and volunteers must wear a badge.
- When adults are “buzzed” into the building, they may not allow entrance to other adults. We recognize that parents want to be polite and hold the door open for people behind them, but all adults must use the intercom system to gain access.
- Classroom doors are locked at all times. This will allow teachers to quickly close their classroom door(s), rather than having to locate their classroom door key, in the event of an emergency.
- Emergency procedures are reviewed and updated regularly with school staff. We are asking teachers to be watchful to make sure all visitors have been checked-in through the office.
- Please remember school office hours are 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Visitors may not be able to gain access outside of regular school office hours.
- Upon return from winter break, students or parents will no longer be able to go to the classroom or locker before or after school to pick up forgotten items such as homework, instruments, etc. The doors to media center and classroom areas will be locked during non-school hours.
- Please remember to notify the office when phone number, address or email change. Records must be current in the event we need to contact you.
- If your child’s normal dismissal procedure changes, you must notify the office in writing. We cannot verify identity over the telephone.
- As noted in previous AACPS announcements, other security measures have been enhanced throughout the school system including additional police presence and patrol on school property.
While some of these measures may be a minor inconvenience, we are fortunate to have a supportive and understanding community. As always, should you have any questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the school.