School Hours and Attendance
    School Hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 2:55 p.m. Doors open for students at 8:15 a.m., unless there is inclement weather.  If your child arrives late, please stop by the office for a tardy pass so he or she is not marked absent. ***Please do not visit a classroom without stopping by the office at any time.***

    There are lawful reasons for absence from school.  Whenever your child is absent, you must provide a note of explanation to the school within three days of your child's return to school.  Absences due to illness in excess of five consecutive days require a physicians' note.

    CSCES Absentee Form


     Anne Arundel County Schools 2020-2021 School Calendar


    Registration for enrollment

    During the COVID-19 State-mandated shutdown, Anne Arundel County Public Schools is using a remote process to enroll students for the 2020-2021 school year for grades K-12. 

    The following documents are required for enrollment:

    • Child’s documents –
      • Birth Certificate
      • Immunization Record
      • Recent Report Card or Transcript
    • Parent’s documents –
      • Government-issued photo ID
      • Primary proof of residency: mortgage, deed, or lease
      • Secondary proof of residency: utility bill, bank statement, or paystub in the last 60 days
      • Custody Order (if applicable)


    Hint: Be sure to have your documents saved and ready, in PDF or JPEG format, before you enter the portal because the system cannot accept incomplete registrations and you’ll have to re-enter all data fields.


    Please follow the link to our online enrollment portal where you’ll complete forms electronically and upload your documents:


    Out of Area Transfers

    At times, special circumstances exists that students are allowed to attend schools other than their home school.  At the elementary and middle school levels, principals may approve the Out of Area Transfer for daycare reasons.


    Children who ride a bus must ride the bus to which they are assigned.  Requests for special transportation arrangements to ride a different bus to a sitter or day-care must be made by completing an Exceptional Transportation Request.  The office must receive the Exceptional Transportation Request form five school days prior to the date the transportation change is to begin.  The request form can be picked up at the school's front office.

    Exception Transportation Requests that are considered:

    Parent(s) work and the student goes to a babysitter's home
    Parent(s) work and the student goes to/from a nursery or daycare facility
    Parent(s) go on vacation and the student is to stay with another adult

    Lunch Money and Menus

    Lunch money can be added to your child's account in the Cafeteria or online at www.mealpayplus.com.  If paying by check, please make it payable to CSC Cafeteria.  Menus are available on the AACPS website at Anne Arundel County School Meals.