The mission of Bodkin Elementary School’s School Counseling Program is to directly support the school system goals of accelerating achievement for ALL students and to create a safe learning environment that promotes the development of positive character in students and the want of rigor in their academic journey.
Bodkin’s School Counseling Program provides a comprehensive, developmental approach to address the academic, career, and personal social goals for all students. In partnership and collaboration with other educators, parents/guardians, and the larger community, this program works to utilize what we know of students (data) in helping each reach his/her full potential as a scholar and citizen in a larger world.
Bodkin Elementary School’s counseling program:
· Incorporates the American School Counseling Association(ASCA) National Model for School Counseling Pre-K through 12
· Uses data and research based methods to effectively meet the diverse needs of all students. This is supported by the data collected which drives the counseling program and evaluation.
· Adheres to the Ethical Standards for School Counselors developed by the American School Counselor Association.
The Anne Arundel County Public School Counselors operate under the belief that:
· The School Counseling program addresses prevention, intervention and student developmental needs.
· All students have dignity and worth.
· All students have a right to participate in a comprehensive school counseling program.
· All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing a school counseling program.
ASCA National Framework
The Guidance and Counseling program for Anne Arundel County Public Schools provides a comprehensive, developmental program that is based on National Standards and is structured to reflect the American School Counselor Association’s National Framework for School Counseling Programs.