Our School Counseling Office
– 6th Grade School Counselor/Dept. Chair: Megan Earley, 410-267-8658
– 7th Grade School Counselor: Jennifer Gross, 410-267-8658
– 8th Grade School Counselor: Cleotha Fluitt, 410-267-8658
Supports Provided by the School Counseling Department
- Provides consultation and counseling services for students, teachers, and parents to promote academic success.
- Provides individual, group, and family counseling services on an ongoing and as needed basis.
- Attends appropriate community and agency meetings that support student families and community members.
- Interfaces with multiple agencies to ensure access to necessary services.
- Works jointly with administration, interdisciplinary teams, appropriate staff, and community members to provide a safe learning environment.
- Participates on the following teams as appropriate: Incident Command System (ICS Team, SIT, MIT, MSAP, IEP, IDT, 504, etc.)
- Interprets and maintains the permanent records of students.
- Evaluates the records of entering students for proper placement.
- Provides necessary information for transferring students.
- Provides information to withdrawing students regarding alternatives toward completing an educational program.
- Coordinates articulation for students entering and leaving middle school.
- Coordinates a comprehensive conflict resolution program to include management of the Peer Mediation Program and Advisory Program.
- Utilizes data for purposeful program planning.
Additional Duties of School Counselors
- Classroom counseling lessons
- Individual counseling (short-term)
- Targeted group counseling
- MSAP Team
- Attendance Committee
- Incident Command System (ICS) Team
- Student Support Team (MIT)
- Peer mediation/conflict resolution
- 504 Case Management
- Attend IDT & IEP Meetings
- J. Adams Academy Transition
- Honor Roll Recognition Celebrations