Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I Enroll my child at Southern Middle School for 2023-24 School Year?

    Posted by:

    Dear Parent/Legal Guardian:

    Anne Arundel County Public Schools is continuing to use an Online process to enroll students for the 2023-2024 school year for grades K-12.

    The following documents are required for enrollment:

    *Child’s documents –

    o Birth Certificate

    o Immunization Record

    o Recent Report Card or Transcript

    *Parent’s documents –

    o Government-issued photo ID

    o Primary proof of residency: mortgage, deed, or lease

    o Secondary proof of residency: utility bill, bank statement, or paystub in the last 60 days

    o Custody Order (if applicable)

    **Hint: Be sure to have your documents saved and ready, in PDF or JPEG format, before you enter the portal because the system cannot accept incomplete registrations and you’ll have to re-enter all data fields.

    Please follow the link to our online enrollment portal where you’ll complete forms electronically and upload your documents:

    · English:

    · Spanish:

    If you have any questions, please email me at I look forward to working with you and welcoming your family to Southern Middle School!


    Mrs. Arey

    Southern Middle School Registrar

    Comments (-1)
  • What do students need to bring the first day of school?

    Posted by:

    Students only need to bring minimal supplies the 1st day since they will be given a course syllabus for each class with more detailed items needed. Students should bring their fully charged Chromebook & charger, binder with blank paper, folder to bring home papers, a writing utensil, bagged lunch if bringing from home and a clear water bottle on the first day of school.

    Comments (-1)
  • Is there before and/or after-care at Southern Middle?

    Posted by:


    No, before and after-care is not available at Southern Middle.

    Comments (-1)