School Counseling Staff
- Mr. Michael Norton - 7th Grade
- Mrs. Lisa Elliott - 8th Grade
- Ms. Sandra Seward- 6th Grade
- Dr. Kate Howlett - Psychologist
- Ms. Patricia Donnelly - Secretary
- Ms. Cindy Coleman - Secretary/Reception
School Counselors advise students about academic issues, career planning, career planning and personal growth. Each grade level counselor meets with students individually or in small group settings during the school year to familiarize them with the services offered. Students have the same counselor for the three years they are at CMS and come to rely on and trust our counseling staff.
Central Middle School Counseling Program supports the goals of the Anne Arundel County Public School System:
- Student Achievement
- Safe and Orderly School Environment
- Effective Use of Resources
Students can request to meet with a counselor by filling out a request slip and depositing it in the appointment request box. Counseling appointment request slips and appointment boxes are located in the Counseling Office, Media Center and cafeteria.
Please provide the school with the following information when enrolling your child.
- Immunization records - proof of 2 MMRs
- Proof of residency (2) - contract, lease, utility bill, bank statement
- Proof of custody, if applicable
- Birth Certificate
- Current or last report card
- Any evaluations - test scores, etc.
- Special Education papers - IEP, 504, etc.
- Any medical concerns
- To enroll a new student, please call to schedule an appointment.
Come Join the School Food & Nutrition Services Team at Central Middle
- Substitution positions available
- Work September through June, only when school is in session
- Convenient hours: 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Prepare and serve meals
- Perform kitchen tasks
- Satisfactory work performance may lead to a permanent position
- Experience not required
- Will train
For more information and an application, call the Office of Food & Nutrition Services at 410.222.5900.
Food Service Staff