What are the school hours?
Our School hours are 9:15 AM - 3:40 PM.
When do I keep my child home due to illnes?
Parents should keep their child home from school because of a serious illness, injury or a condition that can be passed on to other children. Although no comprehensive list is possible, the following conditions may be considered appropriate reasons to keep a student home from school:
Examples of serious illness or injury:
- Temperature 100 °F or greater. Children with a fever (> 100 °F) must stay home until they are fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication.
- Abdominal pain
- Head injury
- Adverse medication effect
- Suspected fracture
- Chest pain
- Severe pain
- Severe shortness of breath or wheezing
Examples of possible communicable conditions:
- Loose stools/diarrhoea
- Suspected communicable disease
- Nuisance condition not currently being treated, e.g., ringworm, scabies, head lice
- Red, draining eyes
- Persistent runny nose with yellow/green discharge, accompanied by fever
- Productive cough, accompanied by fever
- Undiagnosed rash
Any questions or health related concerns? Contact your school nurse Michele Slyman, RN @ 410-222-1038