The community of Central Special is dedicated to providing a safe, positive and stimulating learning environment that enables individuals to achieve personal excellence.
We envision the Central Special School to be an environment that provides all students with an individualized instructional program consisting of developmental, academic, and/or functional skills. Our school community:
- Enables students to function as independently as possible with supports across the functional domains of daily living, recreation/leisure, community, vocational, communication/decision making.
- Prepares students for opportunities within the community
- Establishes alliances between the home, school and other agencies
- Secures a safe environment
- Demonstrates mutual respect and collaboration
- Utilizes effective teaching techniques and materials
- Provides the support to attain acceptably appropriate behavior
- Makes adaptations and accomodations to the environment
- Encourages continuous learning and growth for all stakeholders