The Teacher of the Year Award is selected through a three round application process:
1. Principals complete the online Principal's Recommendation to nominate an educator from their school. 2020 Teacher of the Year Recommendations are due Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
2. Nominees submit a Nominee Application to share their Philosophy of Teaching and Professional Resume. 2020 Teacher of the Year Nominee Applications are due Monday, October 28, 2019.
3. A selection committee of educators and community leaders reads and evaluates each nomination packet to select approximately ten semi-finalists.
1. Semi-finalists receive and completed a more detailed Round Two nomination packet.
2. Members of the selection work with semi-finalists to schedule classroom visits.
3. The selection committee reads and discusses each nomination packet to select approximately five Teacher of the Year finalists.
Each finalist completes a panel interview with the selection committee.
The Teacher of the Year is announced at the Excellence In Education Awards Ceremony in April.
For questions about the Teacher of the Year selection process or awards ceremony:
Carol Ann McCurdy
Director of Partnerships, Development & Marketing
For questions about the application or submission form:
Business & Communication Specialist