The Teacher of the Year Award is selected through a three round application process:
1. Principals complete the online Principal Recommendation to nominate an educator from their school. The deadline has passed for 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year Recommendations.
2. Teacher of the Year Nominees submit a Nominee Application to share their Philosophy of Teaching and Professional Resume. The deadline has passed for submission of 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year Nominee Applications.
3. A selection committee of educators and community leaders read and evaluate each nomination packet to select the semi-finalists.
Please note: The deadline for Principal Recommendations and Nominee Applications has passed. Principal Recommendations and Nominee Applications are NOT being accepted at this time.
1. Semi-finalists receive and completed a more detailed Round Two nomination packet.
2. Members of the Selection Committee work with semi-finalists to schedule classroom visits.
3. The selection committee reads and discusses each nomination packet to select approximately five Teacher of the Year finalists.
Each finalist completes a panel interview with the selection committee.
The Teacher of the Year is announced at the Excellence In Education Awards Ceremony in April.