The Teacher of the Year Award is selected through a three-round application process:
1. Principals complete the online Principal Recommendation to nominate an educator from their school.
2. Teacher of the Year Nominees submit a Nominee Application to share their Philosophy of Teaching and Professional Resume.
3. A selection committee of educators and community leaders read and evaluate each nomination packet to select the semi-finalists.
1. Semi-finalists receive and complete a more detailed Round Two nomination packet.
2. Members of the Selection Committee work with semi-finalists to schedule classroom visits.
3. The selection committee reads and discusses each nomination packet to select approximately five Teacher of the Year finalists.
1. Each finalist completes a panel interview with the selection committee.
2. The Teacher of the Year is announced at the Excellence In Education Awards Ceremony in April.
- September: Teacher nominations due from principals
- October: Round one applications due from nominees
- December: Semi-finalists announced
- January: Round two applications due
- February: Finalists announced
- March: Finalist interview
- April: Teacher of the Year award ceremony