The Teacher of the Year Award is selected through a three round application process:
1. Principals complete the online Principal Recommendation to nominate an educator from their school.
2. Teacher of the Year Nominees submit a Nominee Application to share their Philosophy of Teaching and Professional Resume.
3. A selection committee of educators and community leaders read and evaluate each nomination packet to select the semi-finalists.
1. Semi-finalists receive and complete a more detailed Round Two nomination packet.
2. Members of the Selection Committee work with semi-finalists to schedule classroom visits.
3. The selection committee reads and discusses each nomination packet to select approximately five Teacher of the Year finalists.
Each finalist completes a panel interview with the selection committee.
The Teacher of the Year is announced at the Excellence In Education Awards Ceremony in April.
For questions about the Teacher of the Year selection process or awards ceremony:
Marketing & Outreach Specialist, Partnerships, Development & Marketing