ADA Accessibility (Section 508, 504) Standards
- Website content should be based on simple text or HTML
- Whenever possible, use the accessibility features in PDF files that make them accessible (add Tags)
- Images and Animations: Use the alt attribute to describe the function of each visual.
- If images contain text, the text should be spelled out in alt text or long desc. Text should not be blurred for effect in images containing text.
- Image maps: Do not use.
- Multimedia: Provide captioning and transcripts of audio, and descriptions of video.
- Hypertext links: Use text that makes sense when read out of context. For example, avoid "Click here" and "Read more"
- Page Organization: Use headings, lists, and consistent structure.
- Graphs and Charts: Summarize or use the longdesc attribute.
- Scripts, applets, & plug-ins: Provide alternative content in case active features are inaccessible or unsupported.
- Tables: Make line-by-line reading sensible. Summarize.
- See additional information here about accessibility/Web Standards