- Applications open October 11, 2021-November 22, 2021
- Apply online at aacps.org/magnet
- Complete an application for up to 2 PVA Primes
- Grade requirements for eligibility: See Magnet Brochure for more details
- Auditions are required for all PVA applicants
- Auditions: Nov 20th @ Bates MS, Dec 11th @ Brooklyn Park
- At this time we are planning on all PVA audititions taking place IN-PERSON with digital portfolio submissions.
- Audition appointments will be assigned by the PVA Office, please plan accordingly.
- Reference Audition Guides for more information (scroll down).
- If you are experiencing difficulty accessing an instrument, materials, or the needed technology to complete your audition, please reach out to the PVA Office to determine if accommodations are available.
- Bates (Virtual): November 2nd 6-8PM
- Brooklyn Park (Virtual): December 1st 6:30-8PM Sign Up Here
- Students can attend either workshop regardless of what school they are zoned to.
- All auditions include an interview
- See the Audition Guides for more information about the interview
- Students must meet academic requirements to be eligible for the lottery
- Students must score at least a 6 on an audition to be eligible for the lottery
PVA Middle School Information Nights
- Bates PVA (Virtual): Oct 18th 6:30-8pm, Nov 1st 11am-12pm, Nov 11th 6pm LINK
- Brooklyn Park PVA (Virtual): October 27th 6:30-8pm, November 3rd 1-2pm
- General Middle School Sessions (Virtual): November 10th 7-8pm LINK, November 17th 7-8pm LINK
PVA Late Auditions & Program Transfers
Late Applications: Spring 2022
All applications received after the November 22nd Magnet Application Deadline will be added to list of applicants who will be eligible to participate in the PVA program’s Late Auditions to be held this spring.
Late applications will be accepted until: April 1st @ Noon
- Students must audition to be considered for eligibility: Spring Virtual Auditions on Thursday, April 21st 4pm-8pm
- Complete an application here
- Late audition appointments will be scheduled once applications have been screened for academic eligibility. You will receive an email with the appointment information and detailed instructions about the process.
- Please have all portfolio pieces and prepared selections ready to submit by: Monday, April 19th
Late Applications Information/Requirements
- In order to be considered for entrance into PVA, students must complete an application, be screened for academic eligibility, and successfully complete an audition.
- Late applicants are considered based on seat availibilty within the individual Primes after the on time lottery occurs. Students who pass Callbacks or Late Auditions are offered a late waitlist seat in the order in which they apply after all on-time applicants have been offered seats.
- Auditions will be offered on a case by case basis, depending on seat availibility for that year. Applications for the program will only be considered during the advertised windows and are not considered after 7th or 10th grade.
- Students may only audition for a maximum of two Primes in a given academic year. If students auditioned for two Primes during the on time auditions, they are not permitted to apply to different Primes during late auditions.
- Once a student exits from the PVA Program, they are not permitted to re-enroll.
- Program transfers are when students want to enter the PVA Program outside of the application window or after 7th or 10th grade.
Transfers into the PVA Program will only be considered if a student is enrolled at the time of request in a school arts program that is deemed to be equivalent to the AACPS PVA Program.
- To be considered for a Program Transfer, please submit the following to the PVA Office: PVA@aacps.org
- Proof of current enrollment and good standing in equivalent program
- Current program information for us to determine equivalency
- Anne Arundel County residency proof/plan (current residency in AACo must be confirmed before a program offer can be made)
- Academic records (most recent report card) to screen for academic elegibility
- The PVA Office will arrange for an audition to ensure that the student is appropriately prepared for entry into the program and identify any additional PVA requirements if needed.
- If sufficient documentation is provided and accepted by PVA leadership and the Magnet Office, a student’s request for a transfer will be granted.
PVA Magnet Program
PVA Senior Manager
PVA Teacher Specialist
PVA Events & Extended Day Teacher Specialist- Brooklyn Park
PVA Department Chair- Brooklyn Park
PVA Events & Extended Day Teacher Specialist- Bates