- Applications open October 12, 2020-November 24, 2020
- Apply online at aacps.org/magnet
- Complete an application for up to 2 PVA Primes
- Grade requirements for eligibility: See Magnet Brochure for more details
- Current 5th grade applicants: No D’s or E’s, No more than 2 Cs for final course grades, 4th grade final grades
- Current 6th grade applicants: No D’s or E’s, No more than 2 Cs for final course grades, 5th grade final grades
- Auditions are required for all PVA applicants
- At this time we are planning on all PVA audititions taking place virtually through Google Meet
- All PVA auditions will take place between November 1st-December 11th. If auditions do not occur within this window of time, the application will be closed.
- Audition time and date options will vary depending on the Prime
- Audition appointments will be assigned once applicants have passed the academic screening
- Attend an optional virtual Audition Workshops to help you prepare
- Reference Audition Guides for more information
- If you are experiencing difficulty accessing an instrument, materials, or the needed technology to complete your audition, please reach out to the PVA Office to determine if accommodations are available.
- Bates: Thursday, November 5th 2020 (Virtual) Sign Up Here
- Brooklyn Park: Monday, November 9th 2020 (Virtual) Sign Up Here
- All auditions include an interview
- See the Audition Guides for more information about the interview
- Students must meet academic requirements to be eligible to audition
- Students must score at least a 6 on an audition to be eligible for PVA
PVA Middle School Information Nights
- General Sessions Here
- Meet the Teachers @ Bates Middle School: October 27th, 2020 (Virtual) Sign Up Here
- Meet the Teachers @ Brooklyn Park Middle School: November 4th, 2020 (Virtual) Sign Up Here
PVA Late Auditions & Program Transfers
Late Applications: Spring 2021
PVA will accept late applicantions until March 1st, 2021
All applications received after the November 24 Magnet Application Deadline will be added to list of applicants who will be eligible to participate in the PVA program’s Late Auditions to be held this spring.
- Students must audition to be considered for eligibility: Virtaul Late Auditions April 19th-24th, 2021
- Complete an application here
- Late audition appointments will be scheduled once applications have been screened for academic eligibility. You will receive an email with the appointment information and detailed instructions about the process.
- Please have all portfolio pieces and prepared selections ready by Monday, April 19th
Late Applications Information/Requirements
- In order to be considered for entrance into PVA, students must complete an application, be screened for academic eligibility, and successfully complete an audition.
- Late applicants are considered based on seat availibilty within the individual Primes after the on time lottery occurs. Students who pass Callbacks or Late Auditions are offered a late waitlist seat in the order in which they apply after all on-time applicants have been offered seats.
- Auditions will be offered on a case by case basis, depending on seat availibility for that year. Applications for the program will only be considered during the advertised windows and are not considered after 7th or 10th grade.
- Students may only audition for a maximum of two Primes in a given academic year. If students auditioned for two Primes during the on time auditions, they are not permitted to apply to different Primes during late auditions.
- Once a student exits from the PVA Program, they are not permitted to re-enroll.
- Program transfers are when students want to enter the PVA Program outside of the application window or after 7th or 10th grade.
Transfers into the PVA Program will only be considered if a student is enrolled at the time of request in a school arts program that is deemed to be equivalent to the AACPS PVA Program. The PVA Department Chair (and/or their designee) at the school into which the student is applying will arrange for an audition or portfolio review to ensure that the student is appropriately prepared for entry into the program and identify any additional PVA requirements if needed. If sufficient documentation is provided and accepted by PVA leadership and the Magnet Office, a student’s request for a transfer will be granted.
PVA Magnet Program
PVA Senior Manager
PVA Teacher Specialist
PVA Events & Extended Day Teacher Specialist- Brooklyn Park
PVA Department Chair- Brooklyn Park
PVA Events & Extended Day Teacher Specialist- Bates