GUIDELINES REGARDING SICK CHILDREN AND FAMILY MEMBERS
When your child is seen for services in school-based settings
Please cancel your appointment if your child:
- has a fever or has had a fever the day prior to your scheduled appointment or class. Fever is defined as 100 degrees F or greater
- is vomiting
- has diarrhea/loose runny stools
- has been diagnosed with strep throat or pink eye and has not been on antibiotics for 24 hours
- has an undiagnosed rash
- has a persistent runny nose with yellow/green discharge and/or productive cough, accompanied by fever
- has a condition not currently being treated (ringworm, scabies, and head lice)
- has a suspected communicable disease (chickenpox, MRSA, Fifth Disease)
When your child is seen for services in a home setting
- Please cancel your appointment when any of the previously mentioned conditions/situations occur.
- Please cancel your appointment if any other children or adults in the home are sick with any of the previously mentioned conditions. If those children are not going to school or adults are not going to work because they are sick, then ITP staff members should not come to your home.
Should any of these situations occur, please give us as much notice as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your service provider on their cell phone or at the office at 410-222-6911.
GUIDELINES FOR INCLEMENT WEATHER
Services at ITP are affected when schools are CLOSED due to snow, ice, or other inclement weather that can cause hazardous conditions or widespread power outages.
In the event of inclement weather, listen for school closings to determine if a home visit, therapy appointment, group, evaluation, or meeting has been cancelled. When Anne Arundel County Public Schools are closed (either a CODE RED or CODE BLUE) there will be NO home visits, therapy appointments, groups, evaluations, or meetings.
One Hour Delay
Home visits, therapy appointments, groups, evaluations, or meetings before 9:00 a.m. will be cancelled. Appointments after 9:00 a.m. will be held at the regular appointment time.
Two Hour Delay
All Home visits, therapy appointments, groups, evaluations, or meetings before 10:00 a.m. will be cancelled. Appointments after 10:00 a.m. will be held at the regular appointment time.
Early Closings – One or Two hours
If Anne Arundel County Public Schools close one or two hours early, all home visits, therapy appointments, groups, evaluations, or meetings after 1:30 p.m. (two hour delay) or 2:30 p.m. (one hour delay) are cancelled.
GUIDELINES FOR HOLIDAYS AND MISSED APPOINTMENTS
The Infants and Toddlers program follows the Anne Arundel County Public School calendar for major holidays. There are some days when the elementary, middle, and high schools are closed for teacher in-services or related events. These days do not usually impact ITP services as ITP staff members work regular hours and conduct regular visits.
ITP staff will inform you if upcoming holidays do impact ITP services (central office is closed) in advance. Parents can check the Anne Arundel County Pubic School calendar on the main website (www.aacps.org). There are times when staff members can make up appointments that are cancelled due to holidays or staff illnesses and there are other times that they cannot do this. Staff members will discuss this with you as situations arise.