AVID is designed to provide academic support to students “in the middle” in order to prepare them for eligibility to four-year colleges and universities. During the AVID elective, students focus on writing, reading, inquiry, collaboration and organization while engaging in higher level thinking, teambuilding and college exploration. AVID students are mentored on their academic strengths and weaknesses throughout the week and facilitate small group tutorials with their peers.
AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) at Meade Senior High School is designed to support students as they strive to pursue acceptance into a four year university. Interested students apply and participate in the AVID interview process from which selections are made based on the AVID criteria and available spots.
- Over 50% of our staff is trained in AVID Strategies
- The Class of 2017 earned over $2.1 million in scholarship money
- 34 out of 44 students of the Class of 2017 were accepted into a four year university
Help prepare students for college! AVID tutors NEEDED!
- Facilitate a small group of students.
- You do not need to be an expert on any subject. Your main goal is to help them use their textbooks, notes and each other as resources.
- Training is provided and scheduling is flexible.