AVID is a college preparatory elective that helps students succeed in rigorous curricula. During AVID class, students will learn several success skills, such as organization, study and test-taking tips, note taking and time management. Students also participate in tutorial sessions.
AVID is a course of study extending through twelfth grade. As growing scholars, AVID standards are practiced and mastered over time. We continually work within these standards with the end result of “college attractiveness” and success!
- Over 200 students enrolled in the program
- Each academic group takes three field trips per year to local colleges
- 2014-2015 Highly Certified National AVID Site
- 83% of current AVID students have "C's" or better in their core classes
- Applications are always being accepted
We are always looking for parent/adult tutors to help support our AVID students. If you have any questions or want to be involved, please contact Ryan Morse.