We Need You!
Join Arundel County Public Schools!
AACPS is committed to hiring employees that reflect the diversity of the students we serve!
We are seeking passionate, dynamic, diverse individuals to join our team!
- Right Start Advisor New Teacher Mentoring Program
- Extensive professional development
- Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education
- Excellent Benefits with extremely low employee contributions
- Numerous opportunities for growth and advancement
- Integrated Technology in all schools
Are you a career changer or recent college graduate intersted in pursuing a career in teaching? Learn more about our Alternative Teacher Certification Programs!
Required Application Materials
When applying for teaching position with AACPS please be sure to include the following:
- Updated Resume
- Copy of any valid teaching certificates you possess (if applicable)
- Unofficial transcript for all degrees awarded (transcripts should show the date your degree was conferred)
- Copies of passing test scores required for teacher certification
- Three professional references (you will have an opportunity to provide reference information at the time of application)
All public school educators in the state of Maryland are required to hold a Maryland teaching certificate. Certificates are issued to candidates who have completed the appropriate academic preparation, testing, and/or experience. Additional education/experience is required to receive continued certification. For additional information about the Maryland Teacher Certification program, please refer to the links below.
Apply for Maryland Certification
Alternative Teacher Certification Programs
AACPS currently has two alternative certification programs.
1. The Special Education Dual Certification RTC/ MAAPP is an alternative certification program sponsored by the Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) in collaboration with Notre Dame of Maryland University (NDMU) and approved by the Maryland State Department of Education.
Please visit the Special ED RTC Information page for more information.
Program Contact - Maureen Gerrity, 410-222-5437 firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The AACC/AACPS RTC program works with middle and high school teachers of critical shortage content areas (English, Language Arts, Math, Science, Technology Ed., Family Consumer Science, World Classical Language and Social Studies 7-12)
Visit https://www.aacps.org/Page/8146 for more information
Program Contact - Deborah Montgomery DMontgomery@aacps.org
AACPS provides numerous resources to aid in the professional development and personal support of our staff.
Division of Professional Growth & Development
The Division of Professional Growth & Development strives to provide continuous and focused learning for all employees, serve as a school system professional learning network, and advance individual and organizational development in order to ensure achievement for every student. Various courses are held throughout the year that are open to all employees. In addition, several area colleges and universities offer credit classes through Staff Development at satellite locations in Anne Arundel County.
The AACPS Right Start Advisor Program offers support to teachers with less than three years of teaching experience as well as support to experienced teacher transitioning to our school system. MORE INFO
National Board Certification
National Board Certification (NBC) is the highest teaching credential in the nation! Certification is offered in 24 different certificate areas across seven developmental age groups and covers more than 95percent of PreK-12 education areas. Review some of the ways AACPS supports teachers striving for National Board Certification here
For additional information on National Board Certification please visit www.nbpts.org
All AACPS counselors must possess or be eligible for a school counselor certificate by the state of Maryland and have a Masters’ Degree in a counseling related field. Counselor screening interviews are held twice a year; in the Spring and Fall. Interested applicants should visit the AACPS employment website to submit an on-line application (resume and cover letter). Candidates must meet the criteria outlined in the job announcement and specifically, be able to articulate their knowledge of the ASCA (American School Counseling Association) National Model; school counseling core curriculum; and the use of data in school counseling programs.
Other Student Services Positions
Candidates interested in other student services positions (i.e. Pupil Personnel Worker, Social Worker, School Pyschologist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist) must possess the applicable certification in that area and apply to the generic requisition when posted. Interview processes will vary by department and qualified applicants who have been selected for interview will be notified by Human Resources.