PDF (Printable) Calendars
Inclement Weather & Emergency School Closings
This calendar has two days built in at the end of the school year for emergency closings, making the school year 182 student days and 193 teacher days. If any of the two emergency days are not used, they shall be deducted from the June closing date.
If more than two additional makeup days are needed:
- Tuesday, March 10, may be used as a potential makeup day.
- If emergency closings affect the end of any marking period, the calendar will be adjusted and the marking period extended so that both early dismissal days occur at the end of the marking period. This applies to all schools.
- There must be one non-student day between the second and third marking periods.
Religious Observances for Students
Anne Arundel County Public Schools will operate on a normal schedule on the following days of major religious observance:
- Diwali (No Moon Day – Sunday, October 27, 2019)
- Eid al-Fitr (Sunday, May 24, 2020)
- Eid al-Adha (Friday, July 31, 2020)
Tests and examinations, (including mandated tests and assessments) shall not be scheduled on any of the above dates. Tests and examinations, including
mandated tests and assessments, for Evening High School students shall also not be scheduled on the day of or day after a religious observance occurs.
Jewish and Muslim religious observance dates are set according to the Lunar calendar, beginning at sundown on the evening prior to the date
noted above and concluding at sundown the next evening.
For Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Eid-al-Fitr, and Eid al-Adha, athletics and other school-sponsored extracurricular activities will not take place after sundown on the day before the religious observance starts or before sundown on the first day of a multi-day religious observance.
Students who are absent from school due to a religious observance, as noted on this calendar, will be allowed to make up all work missed due to that
absence, and such absence shall not affect a student’s eligibility for perfect attendance recognition.
Testing dates are subject to change dependent on the Maryland State Department of Education’s testing calendar.