2nd Space - Visual Art Enrichment Program
Second Space Visual Arts Enrichment Program
Now accepting portfolios for the 2023-24 session. Portfolios are due to the Art Office by October 16th for adjudication on October 18th. Our first class is November 4th at Studio 39.
2nd Space aims to enrich the education of young visual artists who are devoted to growing their technique and craft. These are passionate students seeking experiences outside of their typical general education electives, wanting to advance and prepare for post-secondary studies and a future career in the visual arts. The unique co-taught structure, learner-centered environment, and engaging prompts and workshops allow students to explore the visual arts with like-minded students, teachers, professional artists, and other creative minds in the industry. Students will leave the program having refined their two-dimensional rendering techniques, their visual literacy and communication skills, as well as their creative problem-solving skills.
They meet 10 Saturdays throughout the school year:
- November 4, 2023 - Studio 39: 291 Locust Ave, Annapolis, MD 21401
- November 11, 2023 - Studio 39
- December 2, 2023 - Studio 39
- December 9, 2023 - Southern High School: 4400 Solomon’s Island Road Harwood MD 20776
- January 6, 2024 - Studio 39
- January 27, 2024 - Studio 39
- February 10, 2024 - Southern High School
- February 24, 2024 - Studio 39
- March 2, 2024 - Studio 39
- March 16, 2023 - Field Trip TBD
Please direct questions to your current art teacher or email Ms. Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org