Other stipulations apply that are not noted in this chart. See specific information below.
General college tuition
(includes partnership programs)
Maximum 9 credits per reimbursement year, up to $250.00 per credit (Maximum $2,250)
Career Related Doctoral Program
Maximum $2,450 a year.
Not to exceed 9 credits per reimbursement year.
Only submit 1 course per semester
Professional Development Allowance
Maximum $1,500 per reimbursement cycle
HOW TO REQUEST REIMBURSEMENT - See Overview
Unit V and VI - Requirements, Limitations and Programs
- Members shall be reimbursed for credits, subject to approval of the Executive Director of Human Resources, all coursework must be applicable to some clearly defined objective, such as a planned program leading to an advanced degree or the enhancement of expertise in the job. Courses must be completed while the employee is on active service with the Board.
- Members shall be reimbursed for a maximum of nine (9) semester hours of college credit per reimbursement year (see main webpage for what constitutes a reimbursement year). The rate of payment for courses completed shall be up to $250.00 per semester hour based upon actual tuition fees.
- Members shall be reimbursed for only one (1) course per semester except by advance approval of the Superintendent for a Career Related Doctoral Program
- Must earn a grade of B or better, except that one (1) course with a grade of “C” in an approved program of study may be reimbursed.
- If resigned prior to the reimbursement, the employee will not be eligible for payment. However, if the member is reemployed within five (5) years, the member becomes eligible for the full amount that would have been received for uninterrupted service.
- Professional Development Allowance Form - Unit V members are eligible for a maximum of $1,500.00 per year for supervisor approved professional development training. Must completely fill out the two (2) forms and all required documentation before submitting.
- Reimbursement for an approved Career Related Doctoral Program