Other stipulations apply that are not noted in this chart. See specific information below.
General college tuition
(includes partnership programs)
Maximum 9 credits per reimbursement year, up to $250.00 per credit
Career Related Doctoral Program
Maximum 9 credits per reimbursement year, up to $2450.00 per year,
1 course per semester
Professional Development Allowance
Maximum $1,500 per reimbursement cycle
TOTAL REIMBURSEMENT FOR UNIT V and VI MEMBERS SHALL NOT EXCEED A MAXIMUM OF $2,250.00 PER REIMBURSEMENT CYCLE. (except for the Career Doctoral Program where max is $2,450.00)
To receive tuition reimbursement, the employee must submit the following in one complete packet (do not submit items separately - incomplete submissions will be returned):
- Request for Reimbursement Form
- Official Transcript An official transcript is required to process your reimbursement request. An electronic transcript must come directly from the college to our dedicated email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the college/university account statement is needed to show proof of how much you were billed for tuition as well as proof of payment. The statement must include your name, the college name, the dates, name and/or semester of course work taken, how much you were billed for tuition and it must show the payment as completed.
Unit V and VI - Requirements, Limitations, and Programs
- Members shall be reimbursed for credits, subject to the approval of the Executive Director of Human Resources and/or designee, all coursework must be applicable to some clearly defined objective, such as a planned program leading to an advanced degree or the enhancement of expertise in the job. Courses must be completed while the employee is on active service with the Board.
- Members shall be reimbursed for a maximum of nine (9) semester hours of college credit per reimbursement year (see the main webpage for what constitutes a reimbursement year). The rate of payment for courses completed shall be up to $250.00 per semester hour based upon actual tuition fees.
- Members shall be reimbursed for only one (1) course per semester except by advance approval of the Superintendent for a Career Related Doctoral Program.
- You must earn a grade of B or better, except that one (1) course with a grade of “C” in an approved program of study may be reimbursed.
- If you resign prior to the reimbursement, the employee will not be eligible for payment. However, if the member is reemployed within five (5) years, the member becomes eligible for the full amount that would have been received for uninterrupted service.
- Professional Development Allowance Form - Unit V members are eligible for a maximum of $1,500.00 per year for supervisor-approved professional development training. Must completely fill out the two (2) forms and all required documentation before submitting.