SAAAAC Members (Negotiated Master Agreement, Article 14)
Other stipulations apply that are not noted in this chart. See specific information below and your negotiated agreement.
General college tuition
Up to $125.00 per credit/Maximum $1,000.00 combined credits and CEUs
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Up to $90.00 per credit combined credits and CEUs
Unit IV - Requirements, Limitations, and Programs
- Courses eligible for reimbursement must be job-related and have the pre-approval of the HR System Support Specialist, Lesley Bright prior to enrollment. Classes taken at AACC are not subject to pre-approval as long as they are job-related (determined by HR Systems Support Specialist).
- Reimbursed for college coursework up to $125.00 per semester hour or $90.00 per CEU up to a maximum of $1,000.00 per reimbursement year (see the main webpage for what constitutes a reimbursement year).
- You must earn a grade of “C” or better to be eligible for payment.
- For reimbursement of non-graded courses, they must be job-related, evidence of successful completion must be provided to the Executive Director of Human Resources and/or designee (currently Lesley Bright), and the course shall not duplicate content and skills covered in AACPS offered courses.
To receive tuition reimbursement, the employee must submit the following in one complete packet (do not submit items separately - incomplete submissions will be returned):
- Course Pre-approval Form (download the form to your computer, complete, save, and email to Lesley Bright)
- Request for Reimbursement Form
- Official Transcript An official transcript is required to process your reimbursement request. An electronic transcript must come directly from the college to our dedicated email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the college/university account statement is needed to show proof of how much you were billed for tuition as well as proof of payment. The statement must include your name, the college name, the dates, name and/or semester of course work taken, how much you were billed for tuition and it must show the payment as completed.