What are the Judy Centers?
The Judith P. Hoyer Early Child Care and Family Education Centers, or "Judy Centers," are state grant and locally funded early childhood and family learning centers which provide comprehensive early childhood services for children birth through age five.
The mission of the Judy Centers is to provide comprehensive, integrated, full-day, full-year services that promote school readiness for children birth through age five and their families.
There are two Judy Center Partnership Programs at AACPS:
- Judy Center Belle Grove located at Belle Grove Elementary School, serves the children and families of the Belle Grove Elementary attendance area
- Judy Center Hilltop, serves the families from the Hilltop elementary school attendance area
Programs and Services
Some of our programs and services include:
- Family nights
- Literacy activities
- Playgroups for children birth -- 5 years old
- Parent/Guardian & Child Activities
- Behavior workshops
- Parent/Provider Workshops
- Vision, Hearing, and Dental Screenings
- Home visits
- Case Management Services
The AACPS Judy Center Grant Partnership Programs are designed so families are able to visit one location to receive educational support, family support, and health-related services.
Each Judy Center can provide specific information about its partners and the services that are available for children and families.