TAAAC Members (Negotiated Master Agreement, Article 9)
Other stipulations apply that are not noted in this chart. See specific information below and your negotiated agreement.
General college tuition
(includes partnership programs)
Max 6 credits per reimbursement year
Up to $250.00 per credit
Advanced Degree in a Critical Shortage Area
Max 18 credits per reimbursement year
Up to UMD graduate rate per credit
Maximum 6 credits per semester
To receive tuition reimbursement, the employee must submit the following:
- Request for Reimbursement Form
- Official Transcript An official transcript is required to process your reimbursement request. An electronic transcript must come directly from the college to our dedicated email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the college/university account statement is needed to show proof of how much you were billed for tuition as well as proof of payment. The statement must include your name, the college name, the dates, name and/or semester of course work taken, how much you were billed for tuition and it must show the payment as completed.
Unit I - Requirements, Limitations, and Programs
- Reimbursed for coursework taken to meet certification requirements or for professional improvement related to the Unit I member’s current assignment or anticipated assignment in the school system. Courses must be completed and tuition reimbursement must be received while the employee is on active service with the Board.
- Courses must be JOB-RELATED. Courses that are submitted for reimbursement but which are deemed as not JOB-RELATED will not be reimbursed. If you have questions on whether a course may be JOB-RELATED contact your Certification Specialist.
- Reimbursed for a maximum of six (6) semester hours of college credit (this includes partnership courses) per reimbursement year (see the main webpage for what constitutes a reimbursement year). The rate of payment for courses completed shall be up to $250.00 per semester hour based upon actual tuition fees.
- Must earn a grade of B or better.
- A member who has resigned prior to the reimbursement will not be eligible for payment. However, if the member is reemployed within five (5) years, the member becomes eligible for the full amount that would have been received for uninterrupted service.
- Special Program: Reimbursement for Advanced Degrees in Critical Shortage Areas.
- Partnership/Cohort participants – College/University Partnership - Courses that are paid by a partnership arrangement with a college, such as those courses listed in the Staff Development course booklets, may not be submitted for reimbursement. These courses count toward the reimbursement credit maximum per the Unit agreement. Any questions regarding Partnership/Cohort programs contact the Office of College/University Partnerships at 410-721-8380.
Tuition Reimbursement A-Z
Anastasia Perillo (A-K)
Laurie Hanley (L-Z)
A-F: Joyce Matney
G-M: Karla Henriquez
N-Z: Nicki Carpenter