• AFSCME Members (Negotiated Master Agreement, Article 18)

     Courses must have pre-approval (see  form below)

    Other stipulations apply that are not noted in this chart. See specific information below and your negotiated agreement.


    General college tuition

    Up to $125.00 per credit/Maximum $1,000.00         combined credits and         CEUs

     Continuing Education        Units (CEUs)

       Up to $90.00 per credit combined credits and        CEUs

    Unit III - Requirements, Limitations and Programs

    • Graded and non-graded courses for reimbursement must be job‑related and have the pre-approval of the Executive Director of Human Resources's designee Lesley Bright prior to enrollment. Complete pre-approval form for each course or if enrolling in a program, submit for entire program. 
    • Each Unit III employee shall be reimbursed up to $125 per semester hour or up to $90.00 per CEU up to a maximum of $1,000.00 per reimbursement year (see main webpage for what constitutes a reimbursement year).  Courses must be completed while the Unit III employee is an employee on active service with the Board of Education of Anne Arundel County.
    • Must earn a grade of “C” or better to be eligible for payment. 

    For reimbursement of non-graded courses, they must be job-related, evidence of successful completion must be provided to the Executive Director of Human Resources or designee, and the course shall not duplicate content and skills covered in AACPS offered courses. 

    To receive tuition reimbursement, the employee must submit the following in one complete packet (do not submit items separately - incomplete submissions will be returned):

    • Course Pre-approval Form  (download the form to your computer, complete, save, and email to Lesley Bright)
    • Request for Reimbursement Form
    • Official Transcript An official transcript is required to process your reimbursement request.  An electronic transcript must come directly from the college to our dedicated email address of hrcot@aacps.org
    • A copy of the college/university account statement is needed to show proof of how much you were billed for tuition as well as proof of payment.  Statements must include your name, the college name, the dates, name and/or semester of course work taken, how much you were billed for tuition and it must show the payment as completed.