Flexible Spending Accounts
Enroll online during Open Enrollment and for new hires, within 31 days of hire. If you have a qualifying lifestyle change (such as birth of a child) you may sign up for an FSA, or increase or decrease your contribution, within 31 days of the event by contacting HR/Benefits at 410-222-5219/5221.
To renew or sign up to participate in the flexible spending account program at AACPS, go to http://www.aacps.benelogic.com/
The Flexible Spending Account program allows you to:
- Make contributions before tax (reducing your taxable income)
- Receive tax-free reimbursement for your eligible out-of-pocket daycare and healthcare expenses
AACPS provides you with two Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options:
- Healthcare - with a per plan maximum annual election of $2,850
- $50 to $570 in unused healthcare FSA funds may be rolled from one calendar year to the next
- Dependent Care - with a maximum annual election of $5,000 per household
Once enrolled in the FSA:
- Go to www.wexinc.com
- Hover over "Solutions" and select "Participants/Employees
- Register: click on the “Login” button in the upper right-hand portion of the screen
- Select “HSA, FSA, HRA/Wellness & Commuter Login"
- Click on the “Create your username and password” link and complete the required user identification fields
- Create your account username
- Answer the security questions and click the “Submit” button.
You’ll be prompted to answer these security questions when completing certain functions in your online account.
About the Flex Debit Card
The "Flex Debit Card" is issued to all healthcare and dependent care spending account participants. If you elect a dependent care account and a healthcare spending account both benefits will be managed on the one debit card.
One initial card is sent to new FSA participants. If you add a dependent over age 18 in the participant portal, you can order additional cards at no extra cost.
Go to www.wexinc.com for more details on the Flex Debit Card. This card allows you to use your annual election amount with no out-of-pocket expenditure. It may be used at all participating providers (including licensed daycare providers) and pharmacies that accept Visa.
If your provider does not accept your FSA debit card or you don’t use the card, you may submit a claim form for reimbursement. Funds can be direct deposited into your bank account (set up direct deposit online). Reimbursements from WEX are made on a daily basis.