Register Online Here (English)
Those uncomfortable or unable to enroll online may call the 4-Year-Old Prekindergarten school of enrollment to make an appointment.
Aquellos que no se sientan cómodos o que no puedan inscribirse por internet puden llamar a la escuela del prekinder para hacer una cita.
Four-Year-Old Prekindergarten registration has catchment zones for enrollment. Please look here to see your catchment zone.
Children enrolling in Four-Year-Old Prekindergarten must be 4 years old on or by September 1. The first step for applying to our 4-Year-Old Prekindergarten is to complete the online application. After your application is reviewed, which could take several weeks, and you are offered a seat in the program, you will then need to submit these required documents:
- Proof of identification of the person submitting enrollment documentation (must be a parent or legal guardian)
- The student’s original birth certificate, birth registration or birth record
- A copy of the student’s immunization record
- Two proofs of residency (rental agreement or mortgage statement and a current utility bill)
- Custody order (if applicable)
Public Prekindergarten programs in Maryland are designed to improve the school readiness of children who meet the income guidelines, are homeless, have an active IEP, and speak a home language that is something other than English. All families applying for Prekindergarten must provide income verification by submitting one of the following for each adult in the household:
- Federal Income Tax Return (1040 statement) along with documentation related to other sources of income such as child support and/or rental income.
- Notarized Letter of No Income
- Notarized Employment Letter
- Military Income
ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
- Documentation from the homeless liaison
- Migrant Youth
- Documentation from participation in Headstart / Early Headstart / Even Start
- In a residential childcare institution (ward of the state)
- Foster care
If seats remain, schools may enroll students with other readiness needs near the end of September.
Families who do not have internet access or who need additional assistance completing an application should contact the school at which they intend to enroll their student. School staff are able to assist families with completion of the online application.
Information about the recommended immunizations for children entering school is available at www.cdc.gov/vaccines/.
AACPS prekindergarten programs offer a high-quality educational experience to eligible children in order to prepare them with the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for school success in kindergarten and beyond.
Public Four-Year-Old prekindergarten may not be used as an alternative to kindergarten. Students on a kindergarten wavier may not attend public prekindergarten. All four-year olds are eligible to apply for the program. However, enrollment is limited because of funding. Some schools may have waiting lists.
Alternative Placement Request
Anne Arundel County Public Schools has developed a process and guidelines for 4-year-old Prekindergarten Alternative Placement requests which is separate from the Out-of-Area process used for Kindergarten through 12th grade. Parents or guardians may request an Alternative Placement for 4-year-old prekindergarten for the following reasons:
- The family is moving into the attendance area within 90 days; documentation is required.
- Student is the child of a full-time employee of the requested school.
- Daycare is outside of the designated attendance area.
The 4-year-old Prekindergarten Alternative Placement committee will review all applications and inform the family of the decision within 10 business days. Approved requests will be communicated to the receiving school.
Requests will be denied if the 4-year-old Prekindergarten class(es) are full or if the school is closed to out-of-area-students.
An Anne Arundel County parent or guardian may request 4-year-old Prekindergarten Alternative Placement by completing this form.