Other Support Staff Positions
Where can I apply for a support staff (classified) position with AACPS?
To apply for a support staff position please visit the following page: https://www.aacps.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=2124
What are the requirements to be hired for a classified position?
Please find the requirements by position listed below:
- Custodian - positions at the entry level require a high school diploma; however, in lieu of a high school diploma relevant experience may be considered. A high school diploma or GED is required for promotional opportunities.
- Maintenance – positions often require specific skills or experience in a trade. Some maintenance positions may require an Apprentice, Journey level, or Masters License.
- School Health Staff - hired through the Health Department. Go to AA Health Employment for additional information.
- Bus Drivers - a high school diploma or GED is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and at least 5 years driving experience
- Bus Aides – a high school diploma or GED is preferred.
What is the application process for classified positions?
The application process will vary by position. All applicants must first complete an online employment application. Applicant’s with-out access to computers may use their mobile technology to complete an online application or visit the Board of Education (at 2644 Riva Road, Annapolis, MD 21401) to access a computer during normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. Please see additional details below:
- Custodian – Applications for entry level custodial positions are reviewed by the Operations department. Applicants that are deemed qualified will be forwarded to schools with vacancies. School administrators will determine the candidates they wish to bring in for interviews. Applications for higher level custodial positions are reviewed by HR and shared with the Operations Department who will contact qualified applicants as positions become available.
- Maintenance - Applicants are reviewed by Human Resources and are shared with the Maintenance Department who will contact qualified applicants as positions become available.
- Bus Drivers/Bus Aides – AACPS hires only Bus Aides and Special Education Bus Drivers. All other bus drivers are hired by outside contractors. If you are interested in becoming a Special Education Driver, please fill out a classified application form and the additional supplemental Bus Driver qualifications sheet which can be obtained by contacting the AACPS Training Center at 410-969-5849. For information concerning how to become a bus driver through an outside contractor, please contact the Department of Transportation’s Waterford Lot at 410-222-6965
What is the pay for classified positions?
The pay for most classified positions will vary and is dependent on a number of factors including experience, education, and salary grade of the position. Entry level custodians are paid $12.53 per hour. There is a night time differential of $0.79 for non-temp custodial positions starting after 2pm.