AACPS Approach to Language Learning
Beliefs and Values Around Language Learning
- Language learning is engaging and student centered with real-world applications.
- Language learners are diverse and develop their world language abilities at varying rates.
- Language learning aligns with 21st-century skills and contributes to college and career readiness.
- The language learning approach is focused on communication and proficiency.
- Language learning promotes cultural understanding through the development of skills including reading, writing, listening, and speaking in the language of study.