Option A–Home instruction under the supervision of the Anne Arundel County Public School System.
The parent or guardian will—
- read the regulations regarding home instruction Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 13A.10.01
- complete and return the Home Instruction Notification to the Home School office at least 15 days prior to beginning home instruction
- provide written notification to the office of any changes in status firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Change Request Link found on the bottom right corner of Home Instruction webpage www.aacps.org/homeinstruction
- maintain a portfolio for each child being provided home instruction
- participate in the portfolio(s) review actions with AACPS, one per semester
- review the AACPS Home Instruction website regularly for announcements and updates www.aacps.org/homeinstruction
Fall 2023 Home Instruction Review announcement for families who selected Supervision A
The Fall 2023 review will remain an asynchronous review. For the Fall 2023 Review, families will download and complete a Portfolio Review Form and submit it via email to email@example.com. A copy may be located on our website in September 2023.
The Fall 2023 Review cycle will occur from October 25 through November 21, 2023. Families will receive several announcements via email outlining the requirements for the portfolio review. Included are a few important details about the Fall 2023 Review Process:
- Families will not schedule a virtual meeting for the first (Fall) review; families will only submit an electronic portfolio report.
- Families will download and complete a Portfolio Review Form found at www.aacps.org/homeinstruction.
- Families will submit one Portfolio Review per child to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Portfolio forms must be submitted between October 25 through November 21, 2023.
- All families are required by COMAR to complete the Fall 2023 Portfolio Review actions.
As a reminder, elementary students should have a portfolio that reflects instruction in English/ Language Arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, health, and physical education. Secondary students should have a portfolio that reflects instruction in English/ Language Arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, and physical education or three electives that include one unit or semester of health. If you are using an online program, please be aware that these programs do not always offer the same subjects required for home instruction in the state of Maryland. If the online program does not align with Maryland’s required courses, the parent must supplement for any missing subject areas in order to have a compliant review. Families seeking elective options for high school may find the AACPS High School Program of Study to be a helpful resource. (Families of home instruction high school students are not required to align curriculum to the electives outlined in the Program of Study.)