2022-2023 4-Year-Old PREKINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Steps to Take before Registering your Child for 4-Year-Old Prekindergarten
1. Determine Student's Eligibility - Children must be four-years-old on or before September 1 to enroll in 4-Year-Old Prekindergarten.
3. Verify age, identity, residency, and immunization compliance: Parents/Legal Guardians registering their children in an Anne Arundel County Public School must provide proof of student's age, identity, county residency and immunizations, unless homeless. Additionally, immunizations must be up to date.
Those uncomfortable or unable to enroll online may call the 4-Year-Old Prekindergarten school of enrollment to make an appointment.
Aquellos que no se sientan cómodos o que no puedan inscribirse por internet puden llamar a la escuela del kinder para hacer una cita.
Alternative Placement Request
Anne Arundel County Public Schools has developed a process and guidelines for 4-year-old Prekindergarten Alternative Placement requests which is separate from the Out-of-Area process used for Kindergarten through 12th grade. Parents or guardians may request an Alternative Placement for 4-year-old prekindergarten for the following reasons:
- The family is moving into the attendance area within 90 days; documentation is required.
- Student is the child of a full-time employee of the requested school.
- Daycare is out of the designated attendance area.
The 4-year-old Prekindergarten Alternative Placement committee will review all applications and inform the family of the decision within 10 business days. Approved requests will be communicated to the receiving school.
Requests will be denied if the 4-year-old Prekindergarten class(es) are full or if the school is closed to out-of-area-students.
An Anne Arundel County parent or guardian may request 4-year-old Prekindergarten Alternative Placement by completing this form.