Anne Arundel
County Public Schools

 Home | Contact Us

QuickMenu Save Document

Pupil Personnel


Debbie Wooleyhand
Coordinator of Pupil Personnel (410)222-5284
410-222-5636 (FAX)

Christy Perdomo, Pupil Personnel Worker/Out of Area Transfers
410-222-5636 (FAX)

Wendy Chermak, Pupil Personnel Worker/Section 504   (410)626-0208
410-626-0209 (FAX)

Jackie Neil
Homeless Liaison
410-518-9872 (FAX)
cell 410-271-1683

Deidre Brown
Pupil Personnel Secretary
410-222-5636 (FAX)

Family Resource Center

Pupil Personnel Workers provide the essential connection among the home, the school and community. The Office of Pupil Personnel provides  resources to schools and parents for a variety of concerns.


If your child starts to demonstrate school avoidance behavior, i.e., refuses to get up, complains of vague illnesses, or skips school, get help right away! Call your school counselor and ask for resources. The school will refer you to your school’s Pupil Personnel Worker.  Remember, Maryland has a Compulsory Attendance Law.  It states that children between the ages of 5 and 17 shall attend public school regularly during the entire school year unless otherwise enrolled in a private school, approved home instruction, or home teaching through the school. Parents may be charged in District Court for failure to see that their children attend school. Parents can be found guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine not to exceed $50 per day of unlawful absence, or imprisonment not to exceed 10 days or both.

Here is some helpful information regarding truancy, parenting classes and strengthening families:

 For further information please contact (410) 222-5284

Section 504

Section 504 is a part of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.The primary purpose is to ensure that persons with disabilities are not discriminated against. With respect to education, students with a documented disability or a mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity are entitled to accommodations. Examples of reasonable accommodations can be extended time on tests and homework, special seating, medication by school nurse, etc. Unlike the special education law, “Individuals with Disabilities Act, Section 504 is focused only on accommodations and modifications in general education.  If you feel your child might be eligible for a 504 plan contact your school administrator.

  For further information contact (410) 626-0208    

Homeless Issues

All children have a right to a free, appropriate, public education.  The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Act of 2001. (Public Law 107-110). “Homeless children and youths means individuals who lack a fixed, regular, nighttime residence.”  Homeless students have the right to enroll in school immediately.  Parents can request continued enrollment in the school prior to becoming homeless or at the local school for the current residence.  Each school has a contact person to assist with enrollment of homeless students.

For further information please contact (410) 266-3348


Residency Verification and Out of Area Transfers

Residency Verification -   When you register your child at school you will need to provide proof of your residency. One document must be an apartment lease, mortgage papers, or notarized tenant verification form. One additional form will be required such as, property tax/income tax notice, utility bill, etc. Students must attend the school in the area in which their parent or guardian reside. If there is a question about your residence the school personnel might ask a Pupil Personnel Worker to help verify your residence.

Out of Area Transfers - At times, special circumstances exists that students are allowed to attend schools other than their home schools. At the elementary and middle level principals may approve the Out of Area Transfer for daycare reasons. Any other requests must go through the Office of Pupil Personnel. Please use this form for requests for Out of Area Transfers

 For further information please contact (410) 222-5326/5284

Kinship Care, International Students, Out of County Enrollment

The Pupil Personnel Worker assists in registration of international students, reviews Kinship Care cases and makes a determination of eligibility for enrollment.  The Pupil Personnel Worker also reviews requests for non-resident enrollment and provides information for tuition.

For further information contact (410) 222-5284


In order for your student to meet the Board of Education Enrollment Policy, the caregiver must present documentation that he/she has current legal custody.  Custody must be with the parent or court  appointed guardian.  For further information contact (410)222-5284.