Anne Arundel
County Public Schools

 Home | Contact Us

QuickMenu Save Document

Enrolling your Child - Step-by-Step Documentation Requirements

If you are...Homeless - Parent or Guardian Enrolling or Unaccompanied Youth*

read more information about Homeless Students here

 * The school will work with the Homeless Coordinator to expedite your enrollment.

Mandatory Forms and Documents

(print & fill out)


Paperwork indicating that student has experienced a loss of permanent housing

  1. Placement/Transportation/Lunch Request form

  2. Student Services Questionnaire

  3. Student Residency form

2.  As much of the following paperwork as possible:

  • Custody paperwork if applicable

3.  Evidence of Birth (one or more of the following)

  • Birth certificate (preferred)

  • Passport/Visa

  • Physician’s certificate

  • Birth registration

  • Baptism certificate

  • Church certificate

  • Hospital certificate

  • Parent affidavit

5.  Medical Records (all 3 required - the school health room will assist in obtaining these)

  1. Immunization (shot) record (see Vaccination Requirements for Children Enrolled in Preschool Programs and in Schools - State of MD)
  2. Lead certificate for students entering Prek, K, or first grade
  3. Record of Physical Examination for students entering a Maryland public school for the first time. (within 9 months prior to entering or 6 months after entry)

Documents Needed Only if Applicable

  • Maryland Transfer Form SR7 if transferring from a Maryland Public School (the school will request records if you do not have them)

  • Copy of last report card/high school transcript

  • Documentation of Special Services

  • Special Education – Current IEP, evaluations

  • 504 plan

  • ESOL services

  • Gifted/Talented