National PE Standards
The National Content Standards publications define what a
student should know and be able to do as result of a quality physical
education program. States and local school districts across the country
use the National Standards to develop or revise existing standards,
frameworks and curricula.
- The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a
variety of motor skills
and movement patterns.
- The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts,
and tactics related to movement and performance.
- The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and
skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical
activity and fitness.
- The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and
social behavior that
respects self and others.
- The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical
activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social
More information on these standards can be found at