CBAB General Membership Meeting Dates 2011/2012
November 14, 2011
January 9, 2012
April 9, 2012
Big Vanilla Community Room
The Business Advisory Board will now hold meetings only on
a quarterly basis for 2011/2012 school year.
Mrs. Nancy Schrum- President
Anne Arundel County Council
Ms. Michele Moore- Vice President
SW Complete, Inc
Mrs. Diane Corwell-Young- Secretary
What is the Business Advisory Board?
The Business Advisory Board is a group of business, community, and political leaders and educators working together for the betterment of the students within Chesapeake and the Cluster Schools.
What Is A Business Advisory Board
What's in it for Bussinesses?
- A stronger future workforce
- An inside track to employee recruitment
- An understanding of how to motivate each new generation of students
- Community involvement
- Public relations
- In-house training and motivation for their employees
- A form of positive advertisement
- Giving back to the community from which you take
What's in it for the Schools?
- Expert help on a variety of school projects
- An understanding of what business is looking for in the areas
- of workforce readiness so educators can incorporate this into the classroom
- An understanding of how business really operates
- A look into the future
- A powerful force within the community
- Doors can open for various grants
- Money can be raised for various school projects
- The sky's the limit
Does the Board have Officers?
- The president shall assist with the preparation of the agenda for, preside at and conduct all meetings of the board; sign all letters and documents representing the programs and events supported by the board; and serve as the representitive of the board in meetings and discussion with Chesapeake High School officials.
- The Vice President shall Preform the duties of the President if the President is unable to or is absent; perform any other task as may be assigned by the board; and at the request of the President, assist the performance of the duties of the President.
- The Secretary shall keep accurate records and minutes of all meetings of the board; take attendance at each meeting, make availabler copies of the minutes of the previous meetings and distribute them in advance of each meeting, deliver all notices of meetings to each member; and maintain a current listing, with phone numbers and addresses, of the members of the board.