Title: Persuasion Quest
DEFINITIONS OF PROPAGANDA TECHNIQUES
- #1: Bandwagon
- This technique tries to persuade everyone to join in and do the same
- #2: Testimonial
- An important person or famous figure endorses a product.
- #3: Transfer
- Good feelings, looks, or ideas transferred to the person for whom the
product is intended.
- #4: Repetition
- The product name or keyword or phrase is repeated several times.
- #5: Emotional Words
- Words such as luxury, beautiful, paradise, and economical are used
to evoke positive feelings in the viewer.
- #6: Name-calling
- Negative words are used to create an unfavorable opinion of the competition
in the viewer's mind.
- #7: Faulty Cause and Effect
- Use of a product is credited for creating a positive result.
- #8: Compare and Contrast
- The viewer is led to believe one product is better than another, although
no real proof is offered.
BACK TO PROPAGANDA TECHNIQUE TASKS
Created by Debbie Ray, Last Update August 1999