Career & Technology Education, a division within the Department of
Instructional Services, encompasses a variety of instructional programs that are
offered by the offices of Business and Computer Science, Family and Consumer
Sciences, Technology Education, Applied Technology and Environmental/Outdoor
is that the Division of Career and Technology Education provide all students
access to programs and courses that are both academically rigorous and relevant
to their lives, and a learning experience to enhance educational pursuits and
future career success.
is to ensure that all high school graduates are prepared for post-secondary
education and the workforce. The Division of Career & Technology Education
provides instructional and curriculum support and resources that are aligned
with Anne Arundel County school system and State of Maryland educational goals.
These supports and resources are focused on raising achievement levels of all
students for success in academic and career pursuits.
- That all students should have equal access to all programs.
- That programs should reflect state-of-the-art changes in technology,
business, industry, and society
- That course offerings should maintain a balance of theory,
interdisciplinary activities, and applied learning.
- That instruction should prepare students for varied roles and
responsibilities in life.
- That all Career and Technology Education programs, courses and services
to students should:
- Provide training for skill attainment
- Prepare students for post secondary education, careers and adulthood
- Promote the transferable skills of problem-solving, decision-making,
and effective communications
- Develop positive work habits, attitudes and ethics
- Provide instruction that is rigorous and relevant for student
- Provide value-added options for all career pathways