Family and Consumer Science courses prepare students for family life and for careers. All courses are part of the elective offerings and are open to all students. Some courses are appropriate for specific audiences, e.g., teen parents.
Family and Consumer Science courses address family life concerns. They provide opportunities to demonstrate knowledge, skills and attitudes essential to:
1. Ethical interaction between family members and between family and society;
2. Critical and creative thinking on questions of family living;
3. Effective management of family resources;
4. Optimal physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and moral development of family members across the life span;
5. Effectively balance the demands of work and family.
Click here for course information
Ms. Ann Allam
Mrs. Jennifer Figueroa
Mrs. Martha Smith (Chair)